MOTOR is giving away a Volkswagen Golf GTI, and you could could be the winner! Entering the competition is simple. Click here to pick up a subscription to MOTOR and receive 100 free entries!
Volkswagen Golf GTI 2014 Car Giveaway
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on “How to Enter” and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia over 18 years of age. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
5. Competition commences on 10/04/14 at 0:01am AEDST and closes on 1/10/14 at 23:59pm AEST. The draw will take place at 11.am AEST on 18/11/14 at Storacall Technology LTD T/a X-on, 7 Salamander Court, Mermaid Waters, QLD 4218. The winner will be notified in writing and by telephone using the contact details given in their entry. The winner’s name will be published in the public notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 20/11/14.
6. Entry is via one of the following ways:
• Subscriptions are to be sent to Wheels magazine and/or Motor magazine by mail at Reply Paid 4967, Sydney, NSW 2001;
• by phone 131 116 (Mon – Fri 8am AEDST – 8pm AEDST)
• Magazine Entries are to be posted to Bauer Trader 2014 Car giveaway Promotion, Bauer Media, Locked Bag 12, Oakleigh, VIC, 3166.
Entry is subject to a valid credit card payment or, if payment is made by cheque, the cheque must be cleared for payment by the close date of the promotion.
7. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; (b) only one entry is permitted through all website entries; (c)
• Subscription to Wheels magazine and/or Motor magazine – 100 automatic entries
• Free entry coupon in Wheels magazine and/or Motor magazine – 10 automatic entries
• Show entries – Entries will be available at all shows that are attended by the Bauer Trader 2014 car giveaway Promotion from 10/04/14 through to 01/10/14 – 1 free entry
8. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the conditions will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail.
9. The first (1) valid drawn entry from all entries received will win:
1 x Volkswagen Golf GTI valued at $48,670 (AUD). Prize also includes delivery within Australia and registration.
Prize does not include comprehensive insurance, other ancillary costs and any accessories.
10. The colour of the vehicle is white and will be determined by the promoter at its complete discretion.
11. If the winner lives within 100 km of Melbourne will have a choice of either the picking up the vehicle from a point in Melbourne or having the vehicle delivered to their place of residence (via being driven by a nominated person by the promoter) The winner takes full responsibility and knowledge that if they choose this option, the vehicle will have more kilometres on the speedometer than advertised during the promotional period. For all other states that prize will be trucked to the winner’s place of residence.
12. Major prize does not include additional insurance, options, accessories, fuel (petrol) any ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize. These are the responsibility of the Winner. In acceptance of the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
13. Any costs associated with the transport of the vehicle to an alternate location will be responsibility of the winner.
14. It is a condition of winning that the prize winner provides the Promoter with their full name, address, license and a copy of their current Australian driver’s license prior to the awarding of the prize.
Winner must have a current valid Australian driver’s license. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the vehicle in their own name, then such winner may assign the vehicle prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the vehicle is awarded.
15. All prizes must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
16. Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
18. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
19. Prize is non-redeemable for cash, non-transferable and cannot be on-sold to a third party.
20. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
23. A draw for the prize, should it remain unclaimed, may take place on 24 February, 2015 at 11.00am, at Trader Classifieds 73 Atherton Road Oakleigh, VIC 3166. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing using the contact details given in their entry. The winner’s name will be published in the public notices section of the Australian on 26 February, 2015.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) participation in the promotion and/or; (g) taking of the prize.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Notice (see Contents Page for location in this issue). The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
28. The Promoter of the competition is Bauer Trader Ltd ABN 18 053 273 546, at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Vic 3166,
Permit numbers: NSW Permit Number: LTPS/14/01565, Vic Permit Number: 14/3610, ACT Permit Number: TP 14/00816, SA Permit Number: T14/378
Get your free weekly report from the world of fast cars - subscribe to the MOTOR newsletter!